Greetings to the lovely people of Rivers State, and welcome to another episode of Rivethics on Radio, our character-building weekend show. Please remember that the emotions you allow in your life account for your attitude and wellbeing. Therefore do what you love and love what you do. Our topic today is Activating the Law of Large Numbers.
The law of large numbers or massive action is one of the fundamental principles of life. It works for everything, be it academics, business, sports, entertainment, etcetera. Everything in life is built on principles – plants, seas, birds. All of the natural elements of nature follow and obey certain basic fundamental principles. Principles are sacred, and there is a saying, that an army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot. Principles provide a thinking man or woman with a frame of reference and the springboard for decisions and actions in life. Principles are fundamental because of their far-reaching impact. When Bill Gates of Microsoft was being interviewed by the TV host Larry King on the reason for his huge business success, he rested it on a fundamental principle when he said, “I was in the right place at the right time…and I took massive and immediate action.” Bill Gates’ result is there for all to see. The need for massive action to accompany our plans and goals cannot be overemphasised.
There are other fundamental principles of success in life that we must endeavor to apply. Knowing them is not enough. Remember that applied knowledge is power. Some of these principles include the following:
• Be grateful and appreciative of what you have. This creates a positive outlook and gives you energy for the journey.
• Stay in the company of positive influencers. Your dreams and visions will be boosted by positive people who share your perspective. Negative people can become dream stealers.
• Use positive affirmations of your vision and goals. This helps to recharge and re-energise you as you battle obstacles along your journey to success.
• Set SMARTER goals along your journey. Goals define where you are going and when you will get there. They are indispensable for any journey, especially the journey to success. This point also cannot be overemphasised.
• Focus on growth and the big picture. Big picture thinking saves us from becoming parochial and narrow-minded.
There are many more fundamental principles of success. We should research on them, know them and apply them to ourselves. Knowing them and applying them are of equal importance. Many people know these principles but fail to apply them, and therefore continue to receive mediocre results. Let us endeavor to study and learn the application also and surely our success will be guaranteed.
Our guest speaker this week is Mr. Paul Foh, a certified public speaker and life coach. He will throw more light on the subject. Please enjoy the episode.
Our wonderful people of Rivers State, don’t forget to always let your manners speak for you.
God bless and keep you and your families and God bless Rivers State.
Her Excellency, Justice (Mrs) Eberechi Suzzette Nyesom-Wike, the Wife of the Governor of Rivers State and Initiator of the RivEthics Character Development Programme.
You can also listen to and download the Pidgin English version of this Episode below