Special Seasons Greetings to the good people of Rivers State. Welcome to another episode of RivEthics on Radio, our character-building weekend show. Please always remember that at precisely the moment you feel like giving up, victory is always within reach. This episode is on the New Year.
The New Year is an opportunity to say thank you and appreciate family, friends and community. We tend to ignore this in our daily lives. We’ve got assignments, deadlines, and targets to achieve. In all this, we forget to look around and appreciate people who covered our backs throughout the old year. This year let us make a resolution to acknowledge those who stand with us no matter what. For all those who have stood with us in RivEthics as listeners, staff and partners, we extend our hearty appreciations. And to all Rivers people, we salute your doggedness and resilience in the face of multiple social and economic challenges. 2019 shall be our greatest year yet. These are my New Year thoughts as we celebrate:
• A New Year is like a blank book, and the pen is in your hands. It is your chance to write a beautiful story for yourself.
• As the New Year approaches us with hopes anew, no one can go back in time to change what has happened, so work on your present to create a great future for yourself.
• On the road to success, the rule is to always stay focused and look ahead. May you reach your destination and may your journey be wonderful.
• The New Year has brought another chance for us to set things right and to open up a new chapter in our lives, so it is never too late to be what you wish to be.
• Failure doesn’t influence your inner resilience, and failing simply means that you’ve discovered another false way to avoid in moving your life forward. Profit from it.
• Let us open the book as the New Year arrives. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.
The Year 2019 shall bring new expectations and goals, and new challenges too. Let us forget the past failures and seize the opportunity to start over. Let us find confidence in ourselves to achieve all that we and our families always dreamed of.
Let us listen to our guest speaker as he expounds on this subject. He is The Venerable Richard Okpara, Provincial Secretary, Niger Delta Province of the Anglican Communion. Please enjoy the episode.
Our dear people of Rivers State, please remember to always let your manners speak for you.
God bless and keep you and your families and God bless Rivers State.
From Her Excellency,
Justice Eberechi Suzzette Nyesom-Wike,
The Wife of His Excellency,
Nyesom Ezenwo Wike CON. GSSRS. POS (Africa).
You can also listen to and download the Pidgin English version of this Episode below