Our warm and loving people of Rivers State, Happy New Year to you all! I welcome you today by saying a big thank you to all our listeners for your support in making out time to listen to us every weekend. Without you, there will be no Rivethics on Radio. We realise that and appreciate your contribution to our progress. I wish you an outstanding year ahead in 2019. The title of this episode is “Stand out, Succeed, Be a Brand.”
The most important element of the title is being a Brand. When you are a Brand, you will Stand out and you will Succeed. Branding is the art of becoming knowledgeable, likable and trustable. Your personal brand is what distinguishes you from other people. As the richest man in the world, Jeff Bezos of Amazon put it, “your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.”
Branding is crucial to your relevance in the world today. The world has changed. Think of it: 7.7 billion people in the world (increasing by 140 people per minute or 75 million people per year according to the most recent United Nations estimates). Again, all these people are living in a digitally connected global village and exchanging so much information that Google alone handles 3.5 billion searches per day.
Let me provide a brief guideline on how to improve your personal brand, especially considering that it is the beginning of the year and many people are experiencing high energy to get up and go:
1. Scale up your Spiritual Capacity.
2. Draw up a list of great books to read (weekly, monthly or quarterly).
3. Carefully select the Professional and Career Development Seminars, Conferences or Workshops to attend (either Paid or Free), and plan to attend all.
4. Deliberately seek out inspiring Mentors and Coaches to connect with that will add great value to your life and work.
5. Make provisions for Relevant/Additional Skills to Develop or Sharpen to enhance your ability to SERVE people and EARN more.
6. Plan for Events, Places, Cities and Nations to Visit for personal relaxation, recreation and education.
7. Determine the Negative Relationships or Friendships to cut off (that drain personal energy).
8. Pinpoint Negative Habits, Attitudes and Behaviours to confront and conquer.
9. Identify Positive Habits, Attitudes and Behaviours to cultivate.
These disciplines will culture and produce your unique personality that will make you highly valuable to friends, family and your community.
Let us listen to our guest speaker as she expounds on this subject. She is Ms. Julia Oku Jacks, Brand Strategist and Lead Consultant, Julia Jacks Consulting. Please enjoy the episode.
Our good people of Rivers State, please remember to always let your manners speak for you.
God bless and keep you and your families and God bless Rivers State.
From Her Excellency,
Justice Eberechi Suzzette Nyesom-Wike,
The Wife of His Excellency,
Nyesom Ezenwo Wike CON. GSSRS. POS (Africa).
You can also listen to and download the Pidgin English version of this Episode below